Tuesday, November 2, 2010

FOR FUN

OK, Indulge me....I did this on a blog last spring and it was so much fun to see what was written.  Here goes and I hope you can take the time to give us some insight into just who in the world you really are!
List 10 things about yourself that the rest of us wouldn't know.
 Here are some of mine:
1. I'm just as gray haired at 53 as I was at 40....VERY!
2. Cooking and feeding someone is my love language and watching people eat my good food is as good for me as most anything.
3. My husband and I read books together about things we don't talk about to anyone else.
4. I have had 6 kids all individually weighing more than 10 pounds.. Three were over 11 pounds,
5. I lived to tell about #4.
6. I have a vision of my kids and theirs and theirs all shining with the Light of God in their eyes.
7. I have an ugly laugh face and a REALLY ugly cry face. However, I do both frequently.
8. I love having my nails done.

9. You get what I mean....share, OK?  OK!

2 comments:

  1. I loved your comments, Lisa. You had kids over 10 lbs??? My 1st one was 6:15 lbs and I had to have forceps to get him out. Well, after that was C sections.
    Miss you girls. Hope this is posted, We are finally back from Bethany Beach and Cape May. Birding ID workshop was incredible. Now all I want to do is go out birdwatching and see God's handiwork in progress. Love to you all. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, first off, my name is Chrissy even though my profile says "Sanders", it is the profile from our family blog called "The Sanders"' you are welcome to check it out, you can click on it from our profile page. Here are ten things you may not know about me:

    1. I lived in Utah for five years, where I made skiing and climbing the complete focus of my life. I like to think of this as my self indulgent season.

    2.I have known about God all my life but didn't really believe until 3 years ago. I am still learning how to pray.

    3.I survived an abusive first marriage and then was blessed with marrying the best man in the world. I wouldn't have recognized him without my previous suffering.

    4. I'm a runner...granted I haven't run a race in eight years but I competed nationally for 13 years previous and had a full scholarship to college for it. More importantly it is part of my being. I never feel so alive as I do when I run, even though I am now out of shape and it hurts.

    5. I have twin daughters. My mother has twin boy and girl. There are three more sets previous to that.

    6. I have a Political Science degree in Mediation and Arbitration (Conflict Management). Now I am a stay at home mother and it is much more fulfilling. (plus, I still get to deal with conflict management everyday...who doesn't?)

    7. I recently scolded my husband when we went to a funeral because he didn't go up and pray over the casket. He informed me that we do not pray for the dead. Old Purgatory Catholic habits die hard.

    8. I taught myself how to cook, but still am not successful at making my favorite cuisine....Thai.

    9. I spent my summers in college working as a landscaper and designed all the flower beds on our campus.

    10. When my daughter hit head and had to get stitches two weeks ago, I had a panic attack! I was literally panting on the phone when I told my husband. Being a parent is the single most terrifying and exhilarating thing I have experienced. Beats skiing, climbing, and running any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete