Monday, November 8, 2010

Changed by Relentless Pursuit: Part 2

  In the last paragraph of chapter 54, great confidence is gained by realizing that the Lord will lavishly rebuild us. He extends His restoration even further by proclaiming that our “sons will be taught by the Lord and great will be our children’s peace.” Vs13.  Anybody want to shout Hallelujah with me? We’ll be established in righteousness, His righteousness. His protection and defense are sure. And finally, by the end of the chapter, we have become “servants of the Lord”.  Remember Isaiah 43:10,12b,13,b? “You are my witnesses declares the Lord and my SERVANTS whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed nor will there be one after me…you are my witnesses…No one can deliver out of my hand.  When I act, who can reverse it?” I don’t know about you, but I relish the thought of being bound to Almighty God as His servant. The servant is the Master’s responsibility.  Our Master: He provides, He dictates, He protects. I’m in!  How about you?

Isaiah 62:1 states that God will not keep silent for our sake until our righteousness shines out like the dawn and our salvation like a blazing torch!  For our sake God will SPEAK AND SPEAK AND SPEAK his word, that we have in our hands and in our mouths and in our hearts, till our righteousness shines out like the dawn…our salvation like a blazing torch.
 
Psalm 37: 3-5 exhorts us to, “do good….delight ourselves in the Lord….commit our ways unto the Lord, trust also in Him.”  Then, what does He do?  He makes our righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of our cause like the noonday sun, our salvation will blaze like a torch!  This is pretty high drama!  He does this for the sake of changing our name to a name that the Lord Himself will give us. We will be called by others, “…the Holy People, the Redeemed of the Lord…Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted.” Isaiah 62:12.

Isaiah 62:1-5 proclaims extravagantly that we will become a crown of splendor, a royal diadem in the hand of our Master!  He will no longer call us Desolate or Deserted but Beulah (married) and Hepzibah (my delight is in her).  We are called this by our Husband, God who rejoices over us!  He is unrelenting when it comes to His Beloved, US, YOU, ME.  He is our ever faithful, ever-pursuing-us Husband. In this we do have hope. In this we do have redemption.  In this we surely can be transformed.

No comments:

Post a Comment