Tuesday, January 18, 2011

PARKING IN THE SNOW

Where?
We have a snow day from our homeschool co-op today! There was a scramble from about 5 AM till 9 AM with text updates from the TV station and weather services, delays from the school districts, families from our distant locations (Berwick, Troy/Canton, Bloomsburg, Danville) calling to voice concern....whew, it was a relief to get the decision  made and realize...I have a day in my week I had no plans crowding!  Oh Cool!  What to do?!
One of the happiest visions of my morning was when my kids came to me all sleepy-eyed (yes, at ages 16 and 18) for the news of the snow day...kind of a squishy smile, eyes barely opened and cheeks hanging.... and their delight to return to bed for a while longer knowing there wasn't a bit of pressure to which they had to yield today. I feel it too.

I wonder what I'll do? I wonder what you guys are doing today too.

Why don't you write and tell what you are up to today for fun!  Where did you PARK yourself?

I for one, just haven't decided what the next thing is yet....carrot soup and fresh bread, I think!

2 comments:

  1. love this!...i don't have kids in school and I feel like i'm on vacation today!...my kids are in their jammies still and im so very excited to have a day of really studying out and getting ahead in a bible study i have with a teen girl and our sunday night groups! i LOVE days like this!!!...ps the carrot soup sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow days don't change my days much, but the girls and I have parked ourselves at the public library this morning. Will return home for turkey stew and a nap(at least the little ones) shortly.

    ReplyDelete